Pages

Friday 21 August 2009

Warning To A Moth


Warning to a Moth
Do not go near the light
Gentle butterfly of the night.
Laced and delicate wings
Flutter by and sings
a warning to thee,
to stay away from the luminosity,
of the invitingly warm heat
beckoning thee to take thy seat
on it's spherical beaming face
please - do not slow thy pace
near its surface shimmering;
leering, jeering, glimmering.
For as soon as thy tired wings rest
on the burning glass crest
of the false indoor sun
thy life shalt be undone.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this one - are you going to post your shopping one as well - that was fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will soon. This will be where I'll 'collate' some poetry and decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful poem, it touched my heart and gave me a lump in my throat after i read this

    ReplyDelete

Moon Phase

CURRENT MOON