Pages

Friday 21 August 2009

Plastic UN Fantastic

Buy One Get Free
Screams at me
Great Offers £15 for Three
Music cds, and films dvds.

TV mags shows porcelain plates
showing fields with open gates
Long flowing kaftans colours bright
the plastic card started so light.

The weight grows and grows
My monthly balance shows
Me I should stop
Oh cool, a cd of old pop!

Book clubs send colourful flyers
like vultures waiting for enthusiastic buyers
I feel myself being tugged in
For I see a book about Michael Palin!

My red card now looks pink
As it knows my limit is about to shrink
Waterstones has triple points offers
More out of my limited coffers.

Why oh why do I do this?
Do I really need A Biography on the Tardis?
Or a CD of old goth eighties tracks
Shall I give my credit card some slack?

I have tried to hide it from me
Until I see the latest John Williams CD
Or a new improved Star Wars set
Just helping me pile up the debt.

So, tell me why I cannot stop
Or am I just a woman who loves to shop?
Am I crazy, dumb or just plain mad !
Until I get caught by the latest fad.

Too many nice things on the internet
I could do with a new pet
Books, clothes, accessories
All help fuel the disease.

I am happy with the set of books
And yes I could do with more How to Cooks!
Just one of the many tricks
to make me bring out my plastic un-fatastic!


I was inspired after spending a goodness knows how much money on my credit on various items ... LOL!

5 comments:

  1. You're poem is a lot of fun. It made me laugh. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very enjoyable - many thanks. Shah .X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great rhyme scheme and like the way you resolve your poem by taking it full circle

    thanks so much for coming to One Stop today so gr8 to have you!!!

    Hope you get to know some of the other poets here - good people all

    Moonie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry if the colour is off putting shall remember in future not to use that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem sounds so much like my wife!

    Great One Shot entry.

    ReplyDelete

Moon Phase

CURRENT MOON